New consulting relationship with GreenTecAuto begins
What actually goes wrong with the batteries????
A look at todays Hybrid and EV battery packs
Battery packs exposed
Keeping Warm In New England
Plugging into the SUN
Making a small solar concentrator
Building MIMA and the plug in adapters
Converting a telephone truck to electric
DIY dual pulse Capacitor Discharge Spotwelder
Getting in shape while making electricity
Replacing gasoline with solar electric lawn equipment
What is Genesis One?
How to stop the aging process DIY
MIMA Install Day 2005 a Big Success!
Building a hybrid car grid charger
Assembling the bases
building it bigger 4.5A
Calibrating the temperature
Calibration and test of components and boards
Charger # 1 goes into beta testing
Discharger # 1 / gridcharger cycler accessory
Fan and temp boards
Getting serious
Harnesses for the Insights are nearly finished
Helpers make it go much faster
Inside the overnight charger
Modified overnight boxes
More thermal testing
Moving towards the goal line
PTC strip monitor and charger shutdown circuit
Temp volts and current calibration fixture
Test of accuracy
The code
Thermal testing.
The weather slows us down
Tapping into the Wind
Expanding MIMA with the Distribution board ( users projects )

Assembling the bases

Assembling the bases
making the process go faster

In my attempts to capture the cost of assembling the chargers, I found that it took the better part of 3 hours just to connect the power supplies to the interconnect card, and get it all mounted in the chassis.
I determined where the difficulties were, and made a fixture to support the boards and power supplies while assembling.
The first charger I assembled with the fixture went together much quicker.
With a few more under my belt to tune the procedure,and I will capture the cost.
Then the maintenance.
I had some help, for the last couple of days so I had to work with them to get as much done as possible. Should be able to finally tally up all the labor, so stay tuned for some final prices.