New consulting relationship with GreenTecAuto begins
What actually goes wrong with the batteries????
A look at todays Hybrid and EV battery packs
Battery packs exposed
Keeping Warm In New England
Plugging into the SUN
Making a small solar concentrator
Building MIMA and the plug in adapters
All of the parts are nearing completion
Building a better joystick
Building the display components
Making a connector
Making the current and fan connector shells
Making the plug in boards
The Plug in adapter boards are here and are being built
MIMA construction crew
PLUG in adapters for fan and current sensor
The plug in system
TPS smoothing mod
Converting a telephone truck to electric
DIY dual pulse Capacitor Discharge Spotwelder
Getting in shape while making electricity
Replacing gasoline with solar electric lawn equipment
What is Genesis One?
How to stop the aging process DIY
MIMA Install Day 2005 a Big Success!
Building a hybrid car grid charger
Tapping into the Wind
Expanding MIMA with the Distribution board ( users projects )

PLUG in adapters for fan and current sensor

PLUG in adapters for fan and current sensor
Forming the male pins

After striking out on identifying a source for the socket side of the fan and current sensor connectors, I needed to figure out how to make 500 male female pins for the 3 pin and 2 pin connectors. I want the adapters to securely support the harness connector that will plug into the adapter, be low profile, and be strong and reliable connections so the stock signals are not effected.
The honda connectors pins are almost exactly the same width and thickness as the larger of the Amp Tyco connectors, but it is not cost effective to pull the 13 pins out of the $12 104 pin headers, so I did some experimenting and found that #16 tin plated copper buss wire if squashed to the .024" thickness that the stock pins are, gets to nearly the same width as the stock pins, and the squashing seems to leave the tin plating intact. I used the display cover punch fixture with a pin holder made from a cabinet hinge, to hold the pins in the correct position for squashing. The resultant pin is strong, and easy to attach wires to, and I can get 350 of them out of 1/4 lb roll of the wire. Next task, the connector shell.