New consulting relationship with GreenTecAuto begins
What actually goes wrong with the batteries????
A look at todays Hybrid and EV battery packs
Battery packs exposed
Keeping Warm In New England
Plugging into the SUN
Making a small solar concentrator
Building MIMA and the plug in adapters
All of the parts are nearing completion
Building a better joystick
Building the display components
Making a connector
Making the current and fan connector shells
Making the plug in boards
The Plug in adapter boards are here and are being built
MIMA construction crew
PLUG in adapters for fan and current sensor
The plug in system
TPS smoothing mod
Converting a telephone truck to electric
DIY dual pulse Capacitor Discharge Spotwelder
Getting in shape while making electricity
Replacing gasoline with solar electric lawn equipment
What is Genesis One?
How to stop the aging process DIY
MIMA Install Day 2005 a Big Success!
Building a hybrid car grid charger
Tapping into the Wind
Expanding MIMA with the Distribution board ( users projects )

Making the current and fan connector shells

Making the current and fan connector shells
casting connector shells

To make the fan and current sensor connectors be a true plug in, I needed a form fitting plastic cavity that had the flattened pins in the correct position for plugging in the stock harness.
It must support the connector, align the pins with the harness connector, and will not allow the connector to be plugged in incorrectly.
I made a mold, and after trying epoxy putty, and several other ideas, I found a two part urethane casting plastic, and found that it works great. the cast part is tough and stable. I finish all sides of the cast parts with a belt sander to clean them up.
The first two prototypes look and feel solid.