New consulting relationship with GreenTecAuto begins
What actually goes wrong with the batteries????
A look at todays Hybrid and EV battery packs
Battery packs exposed
Keeping Warm In New England
Plugging into the SUN
Making a small solar concentrator
Building MIMA and the plug in adapters
Converting a telephone truck to electric
DIY dual pulse Capacitor Discharge Spotwelder
Getting in shape while making electricity
Replacing gasoline with solar electric lawn equipment
The yard machine takes shape
creature comforts 1
Electric rake #1
Getting the lead out
More serious rake and vacuum attachment
What is Genesis One?
How to stop the aging process DIY
MIMA Install Day 2005 a Big Success!
Building a hybrid car grid charger
Tapping into the Wind
Expanding MIMA with the Distribution board ( users projects )

creature comforts 1

creature comforts 1
Creature comforts

I have been saving a cool bucket seat that I picked up at least ten years ago so I cut off the mounting brackets welded on some angle iron and steel tube, and welded the whole assembly to the torque tube. The front to back adjustment was retained, so big and little people can drive the machine. The handle bars tube is pretty big, so rather than looking for some custom hand grips, I made my own. Some 1/8" buna -n closed cell foam with adhesive back was applied to the bare steel. The foam was carefully wrapped with black electrical tape, which was then painted with PVC pipe cement to hold it together.I covered the tape with a nylon braid to give some grip, and tucked the end into the tube end and tapped in a wooden plug to hold things together.Feels nice.