Now that I have made all the required parts, it is time to do the final core pack assembly, hopefully with no shorts.
The first issue was the small burr on the punched holes, that would be a very big job to remove. The fear is that the clamps would only apply pressure on the raised burr, and therefore all of the current would pass through the rather small area. The simplest fix was pretty easy, I put a nice counter sink on the clearance blocks, so the burr would be able to fall into the countersink and therefore allow the full area of the blocks to apply pressure. The assembly process proceeds as shown in the photo. The anti oxidation paste is heavily zinc filled, so it should provide corrosion protection while not effecting the contact resistance. The connections were insulated with the preformed heat shrink, and then an additional piece of the preform is slid over the end to prevent shorting. This extra protector will be removed when the contact plate is attached. Each cell took about 10 minutes to prepare and connect. Long day!